Who we are
Ilkley Round Table (the organiser) is a registered charity.
At Ilkley Round Table, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. We adhere strictly to the requirements of current UK Data Protection legislation.
Information we collect
For the purposes of this website we collect:
- Name, address, email, telephone number and company name where applicable
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our content
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept on record
- If you send us your story, image or video, we will – with your permission – publish these on the website and retain the articles. You can request to remove this information at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved content across the site, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
Using your information
Any information we collect is used:
- where you have consented to this, to contact you, and to send you details of our events (i.e. newsletters or links to download information),
- for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website, in particular to improve the content and design of the website, and
- to improve and develop the services.
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we may provide information about you:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us is protected using robust security methods. The methods we use are industry-standard ensuring data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those authorised. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, Scope cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods before it reaches us.
Where we use external companies to collect or process data on our behalf, we carry out comprehensive checks on these companies, and put in place contracts to control how they manage they data they may collect or have access to.
We do not transfer any of your data outside of the European Union.
Accessing your information
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like.
At any time that you wish, you can
- Gain access your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information;
- Object to the use automated decision-making and profiling;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Ask for a copy of your personal data (known as data portability);
- Rectify your personal information;
- Have your personal information removed (known as Erasure or the right to be forgotten);
- Withdraw your consent to participating in the campaign;
- And lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.